Sunday, November 30, 2008

So I started our blog about two months ago and never actually did anything with it because I didn't know where to start. So much has happened since Scott and I have been married but I finally realized that I just had to start somewhere because catching up would be impossible, so here it goes. This semester has flown by, Scott is in his second year of his Landscape Architecture Masters program and I am in my fourth year of my Biology Education program. We have both been able to work throughout the semester and keep busy. This semester I was in a seventh grade horticulture class for eight weeks, to build up to student teaching. The last couple of weeks I taught the class and planned all of my own lessons for the first time. It was a lot of work but it turned out to be a lot of fun too and I miss my time in the classroom. One of the projects I had them do, was a commercial to persuade their classmates to eat the particular vegetable they were assigned, I was so proud of their projects I ended up taking pictures of their posters and play-doh visual aids.

We were able to go to Gilbert this weekend to visit my family for Thanksgiving. I will have to get pictures from my parents of actual Thanksgiving because I didn't take any but I do have pictures of our hike. My parents and Scott and I went on a hike at The Lost Dutchman park. I think it was one of the prettiest hikes I have been on. The weather was perfect and it was cloudy and overall it looked like a seen out of Jurassic Park. I don't think the pictures do it justice but I would definitely recommend it.






























We also got to see our newest niece, Taylor Seymour. Ashley and Rob had their baby last Monday and I was so excited to get up there to see her. She is so adorable, unfortunately I only got one picture with her and she isn't looking at the camera but she is precious.


8 comments:

Natalie said...

Cute Am! I'm so glad you finally posted. I was going to call you about 10 minutes ago and then realized I need to go to sleep and I want to talk to you longer than ten minutes so I will be calling you sometime tomorrow night or tuesday, sorry I never got back to you on Sunday!!!! I am awful but I definitely want to talk and catch up

Sydney Vivian Lambson said...

YAY!I love this. I love you

Rob and Ashley Seymour said...

That baby is so cute! I am proud of you for updating your blog :)

Steve and Kalli said...

Amber! you didn't tell you me did a post! I am so happy you did though! wahoo!

Felicia said...

Yay, Amber! I am glad you are blogging . . . it is nice to know what you guys are up to. Call us when you guys come up this way at Christmas so we can get together!!

Ian and Kristen said...

Hey Amber! I am so excited that I stumbled across your blog! You'll have to send me your email address because we're setting our blog to private and I will send you an invite! my address is kris10peterson@gmail.com
Hope you two are doing well!

Chrystal said...

Congrats on the blog updat. I quit checking because you never did it. You will have to take pics tomorrow night for another post!

Laura: Mom of 5 said...

Hey Amber! I saw you posted on my blog. So are you still in Tuscon? What is going on with your life/