For starters, although I had every intention of posting my birth story it just got too long and it's just not happening so this is the super abbreviated version. I ended up going to the doctor January 5th and my doctor suggested an induction since I had a horrible rash that could not be soothed. Since I was already so far dilated we decided to go for it. It was nice to know it was coming in some ways because we got to be totally prepared and the night before Scott and I went out to Chili's for one final date.
So the picture below is the night before, my final belly shot. Everything went pretty smoothly in my labor and delivery it didn't take that long on the pitocin for things to move right along and in the end they were actually trying to hold her off to wait for my doctor. So when it came time to push, I only pushed through three contractions and she was out. It was truly amazing, the delivery was so exciting-thanks to epidurals!
The first week we came home from the hospital my mom came and stayed with us which was so nice. Sadly I didn't get any pictures with her. Then a week and a half later my sisters came down to see Anna and do a "photo shoot" it was so fun to have them and visit for the day. These are some of my favorites that they took.
We really wanted to use Scott's mom's blessing dress but it needed a slip to go under it and I could not find one small enough for her so the week of the blessing I took on the project of sewing a baby slip and I have to say it turned out pretty good. I still don't think I will make a habit of sewing my childrens' clothing but a slip is a good place to start, I also ended up making the matching headband.

Over the past few weeks Anna has just grown to be more and more fun. She started smiling at six weeks and they have just become bigger and more frequent since then. She is also getting better at entertaining herself and really seems to enjoy her awake time. She has slept through the night a couple of times but not consistantly. And she got RSV a couple of weeks ago which has set us back some in the sleeping department but she is getting better and I am so glad it never got too serious.
We have these huge mirrors for closet doors in our bedroom and they have become a built-in toy for Anna, I just lay her on a blanket infront of them and she stares at herself and smiles it is really too cute! I kind of captured it in the picture but it is a little out of focus.
She also LOVES spending time in her swing. She could just stare and smile at that mobile all day long, it is so sweet and a life saver when I want to get anything done!
Last week was Scott's twenty-eighth birthday and Anna's two month on the same day. Since Anna was sick and Scott had to work on his thesis most of the day we did not get to do much but we still have plans of going out to dinner once she is feeling better. He did choose Brats with coleslaw for his dinner and cheesecake for dessert. I just love this picture of the two of them. She just loves staring at her daddy and he loves to make her smile, it is so cute!
7 comments:
She is so precious Amber! Thanks for the update :)
I checked yesterday to see if you had updated and a call was going to be made this weekend if you didn't post pictures by Friday!!
She's darling! I think she has your pretty big eyes and nose. I love the picture of Scott and Anna. The sweetest sight to me are Dads with their little girls. I wish we could get the girls to meet sometime soon. I'm trying to get Keith to fly to Utah in July, any chance you'll be there around that time?
I swear she looks bigger already! can't wait to see her again...
Am, she is so cute! She looks like her mommy...which is cool because from my observations, baby girls look like their dads and baby boys look like their moms.
Aww I love her! She is soooo cute. You guys did good :) I'm super happy you updated! These pictures are much more pleasant than the spit-up video :) haha, that was just funny though! Can't wait to see this girl grow!
Amber she's too cute! I love the picture of her admiring herself in the mirror. :) I'm sorry she got sick but am so glad to hear she's better. Glad you're all doing well!
She is such a doll! I love hearing about Anna, becuase I know Reece will be doing those same cute things in just a few weeks. I CANNOT wait for her to start smiling! (And sleeping longer at night...but I'm not holding me breath for that one!) Aren't little girls so fun!?!?!
Post a Comment