Friday, April 9, 2010

The best part about having a January baby in Arizona is that we were able to take Anna on walks almost immediately. We actually took her home from the hospital with the AC on in our car (it was an oddly warm day). Just a couple of weeks ago we were able to take her on her first hike in Sabino Canyon. I think she enjoyed it. She pretty much slept the whole time :)

We had a great Easter weekend. Scott's thesis is beginning to wind down and we were able to relax and enjoy conference. Even though we did not have church we just had to get some pictures of Anna in her Easter dress. We couldn't get any smiles out of her though, she was cranky and ready for her nap.


Something about having a baby has made me want to start all of our holiday traditions even though she is really too young to participate. But I was able to convince Scott to dye Easter eggs this year. So we had some friends over to dye eggs. I never realized all the variations they had on the traditional egg dyeing kit. I personally think the monster kit is the way to go. We did still do a couple of normal eggs and Scott made an Anna egg. Notice the lovely Christmas wrapping paper in the background. I hadn't really thought of how to protect our table until the last minute and I must say it did the job!



Just a couple of smiling three month pictures! I can't believe how fast she is growing. A few new developments:
  • Crying when we walk away
  • Interacting with toys
  • Rolling over when we do tummy time
  • And the best of all sleeping through the night! (for two consecutive weeks now)
  • Although not a positive development, she has also started screaming when I feed her. Her pediatrician thinks she has reflux. I have tried eliminating dairy and chocolate with no improvement. She doesn't really spit up a lot and she is happy most of the time except when I really can't get her to eat. It is so sad to see her in such distress but hopefully it won't last too long.

Please ignore my toilet in the background of the
picture above. I just love this picture of her so I had to
include it, toilet and all!

Another trip to the zoo! This was Anna's first time and we figured we should take advantage of it while it is free! I only had her out of the stroller for a little while to show her the animals. It was actually funny how little they entertained her. It is hard to see but the monkey was right in front of us and she was just staring at him.






4 comments:

The Robinsons said...

Oh, Amber, she's so cute! She looks a ton like you, too! Hope you guys are doing well!

Steve and Kalli said...

Amber!!! She is sooo precious. I love the picture of her in the blue and brown outfit.. I thought she looked just like you. Awww so cute! I can't wait to meet her- someday! I miss you guys and that beautiful Sabino canyon :)

J&J said...

She's a cutie! And you look great Amber!

Karissa said...

Super cute pictures of a super cute family =)