Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Christmas 2011

This was our first real Christmas at home.  Last year we moved in five days before Christmas so we didn't get to fully decorate and enjoy it.  Scott's Grandma gave us this Christmas tree which is awesome although maybe large for our current place :)  I made a tree skirt for it and stockings this year.

 
 Anna was spoiled for Christmas! This is a picture with all of her toys (including from Grandparents), I tried so hard to get them all in plus have her smiling but it was impossible because she kept moving on her bike and her toys would fall over, so this is the best I have. 
 This is just another picture of her on her new trike from Scott's parents, she is still getting the hang of it but her favorite part is definitely the bell.
Since we found out we were expecting in November we decided to tell our families with stockings in December.  I made a fourth stocking except I cheated and didn't actually sew the top part, just pinned it.  I am doing red for girls and green for boys so I didn't want to actually make it until I knew what I was having.  It proved to be prophetic though.  I actually was convinced I was having a boy until just before the ultrasound just because this pregnancy has been so different than my pregnancy with Anna.

Anyway we invited Scott's parents over and just had them hanging like this to see how quickly they would notice.  It only took a few minutes :) and then I sent this picture to my family in an email only telling them that I sent them an email of the stockings that I made.  It was kind of funny because my mom took the longest to find out because she wasn't checking her email.

We also got an awesome camera for Christmas from Scott's parents so I am hoping to be better at taking pictures.  I guess I have been better at taking pictures just not posting them, one step at a time.

No comments: