Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Summer Update

I realized that I had not yet posted our summer plans, so I decided to fill everyone in on what we are up to. Scott is working at the Drachmann Institute, this is the same job he had last summer and we are really glad that he could keep it through the school year and another summer. He is currently working on a master plan for an Indian reservation south of Tucson and he is pretty excited about it. We are so grateful for this job, he has flexible hours and it pays well and we have so many friends that are having such a hard time finding work so even though he is not getting as many hours as we were hoping for it is still a great opportunity.

I am in summer school and will have completed 13 credits by the end of this summer, which almost finishes up school for me. Although these classes are not really my favorites I am glad to be getting them out of the way, statistics, physics, biomedical ethics and English immersion in the classroom. I am student teaching in the fall and I graduate in December and could not be more excited!

I am also still working at the scrapbook store teaching classes which I really enjoy but can be stressful at times. This past weekend I taught a mini book class, which was eight pages and a lot of work. I underestimated the amount of time it would take me to make the 25 kits for my class so Thursday and Friday were dedicated to "kitting" when I picked Scott up from work on Friday I still had a lot ahead of me so we rented a movie and he helped me cut paper all night! We were up until 3:00am! I really love my sleep and I am sure I sound like an old lady when I say it has been a really long time since I have stayed up that late! I then had to get up at 9:00 and run to the store and finish up before my class at 1:00 pm. I didn't make it home until about 8:00! It was a long day. But through the whole thing I was thinking how amazing my husband is, he is always willing to help me, no matter how tedious the task and I so appreciate his support through all the many days that we have had like this one since we have been married! I could not do everything I do without him, he is so good to me!

Sorry for all the writing, I will post pictures soon!

3 comments:

Steve and Kalli said...

Ambular I miss you so much! This post just brought back memories! I think I will call you... maybe you're in school though... I guess I'll find out. Love You!!!!

Natalie said...

You'll definiteyl have to visit us in Kentucky, too bad we won't be here when you're in Utah. If it's any consolation, I loved physics and didn't mind statistics. Hooray for almost being done!

c.j. said...

You forgot to mention all your little trips you have planned and girls camp, don't forget girls camp!!