Monday, January 10, 2011

Sandy, UT

The beginning of November Scott had an interview in Seattle, WA with a firm that does Zoo design. After reviewing Scott's portfolio, the principle of the firm asked Scott to fly up for an interview. We were pretty excited because it seemed like a good fit, since Scott did his thesis on zoo design. We later found out that he was one of three candidates and waited anxiously to hear back from them.

Meanwhile another firm contacted Scott about an interview in Sandy, UT. This was just before Thanksgiving so we decided to make it into a short trip to visit Scott's family. About a week after we returned we heard back from Seattle that they chose another candidate. We were disappointed but since they had taken so long getting back to us, we had kind of seen it coming. Also we were still very excited at the prospect of the Sandy job, so we continued to wait... a few days later we received an e-mail with the official job offer and all the details!

We were sooooo excited! We have been anxious to find a job since May and were so relieved to get such a great opportunity. Scott had been applying to jobs literally all over the country and a few outside of the country so it is pretty funny that we would end up in Utah, but we are so happy to be here.

The rest of our week was all a blur. We received the job offer on Monday, packed our storage unit Tuesday night, finalized our apartment on Wednesday, sent Anna up on a plane with my sister and brother-in-law Wednesday night (a real life saver), drove our u-haul with car in tow on Thursday, moved into our new apartment on Friday! And Scott started work on Monday. It really was crazy but it was actually nice to just get everything over with quickly.

It is so funny how things work out. Through the whole job hunt process I have to admit I became impatient at times. Scott and I both like to plan and it is hard to feel like your life is on hold. We are so grateful for all the love and support we received through it all. There were so many times that I just felt this love and kindness from other people, even some who did not know us very well and I am just so grateful! I hope I can be as aware and kind to others as we were shown.

I am slowly catching up...Christmas and Anna's first birthday post up next!

4 comments:

MJPowell said...

I use to live in Sandy!! I know some GREAT people who still live there. Let me know what ward you are in. I could hook you up with some great friends! :)

Karissa said...

Congrats on the new job!

The Robinsons said...

Woo Hoo! We're in San Antonio, but will be back in Provo in April. Can't wait to see you!

Natalie said...

What a crazy time for you guys! We're so happy to hear that Scott landed a job and how fun for Anna to grow up close to family. I'm excited you'll be in Utah- that means we'll get to see you every time we visit. I'll have to give you a call sometime soon!