Thursday, February 24, 2011

Cabin Fever

Our first winter in Utah has been fun but I think Anna and I are both ready to spend more time outside. Luckily we have had a few nice days where we were able to go to the park and Anna loved it. I will have to take pictures next time we go. There have been many days where we wake up to snowy branches and I love how pretty it is but it does limit the time we are able to spend outdoors. Some days Anna will actually hit our front door, trying to tell me she wants to go outside.
The Pool:
Luckily we have been able to find a lot of indoor fun lately! This picture (below) is taken at the Cottonwood Heights Rec. Center. I didn't realize rec centers could be so fun. This one has four indoor pools including this really fun "splash zone" we have really enjoyed taking Anna so she can get some of her energy out. You can't really see the slide behind her very well but it is a big frog and his tongue is the slide. This is Anna's favorite. After only going twice she is now able to climb the stairs up to the slide, turn around and go down on her belly. It is so funny to watch. We do have to catch her at the bottom or she would drown. She tries to run all around and doesn't really seem to mind when she goes under. Yikes!
The Aquarium:
Anna and I were also able to go to the living planet aquarium in Sandy with Scott's mom, sister-in-law and cousin Max! Anna really enjoyed looking at all the creatures. I think she is going to be an animal girl. All she wants to do lately is flip through her animal books and point to all the pictures. She is also beginning to learn animal sounds. I know it is hard to see but in the upper left hand corner there is a penguin swimming by. It was really hard to capture the animals and Anna in the same shot, so that is the best I got.I think this was Anna's favorite part of the aquarium. They had this coral reef area for kids to play in. They could go through the tunnels and peek out windows and there were fish tanks built into the walls so they could see the fish from the inside. It was really neat, I wish I had taken better pictures of it.This is the only shot with cousin Max, I know not the best. It is also difficult to capture the two of them in one shot. But I like how Anna is peeking around the corner.Movie Time:
This is Anna chilling in her new chair. She just loves climbing little chairs so when I saw this one for twelve bucks I could not resist! She loves it, she climbs in and out of it. I have even seen her climbing in with her books and then flipping through each page by herself. It is just so cute! In this picture she was having some movie time watching Baby Einstein. Scott decided that she looked uncomfortable because her feet didn't touch the ground, therefore her pony became on ottoman and now that is her favorite way to sit in her chair.

If you will also notice Anna has little piggy's in this picture! It is a big step but we finally have enough hair to do something with it! I think it makes her look older, she is turning into such a little girl.

4 comments:

The Robinsons said...

How fun! I can't wait to hang out with you guys when we get back to Utah!

Karissa said...

Very cute! I'm glad you guys could find stuff to do despite the snow =)

Andrea McEntire said...

Anna is looking super cute. I really like her swim suit. I'm glad you are getting out of the house despite the crummy weather.

Deb and Chad Crowther said...

OMG...Anna is so big!! Bummer about the winter cabin fever...just think we'll be getting summer cabin fever here in no time and you'll have great weather! All the pics of Anna getting into trouble cracked me up, because Reece does all those same naughty things! Hope you're liking Sandy..so glad for you guys getting such a great job!! Miss ya!