Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Happiest when in trouble

Anna is a really fun little girl but she is also super active and a bit of a trouble maker! I was going through my pictures from the last month and could not help but notice how many pictures I had of her getting into trouble. So I decided to do a post to give a little insight on a day in the life of a one year old.Anna loves our pantry. She likes to bring me food and begs me to give her some. This particular day she some how broke the plastic "window" on the front of the chip bag and was sneaking chips out of it. Luckily I caught her and patched up our chips with some packing tape. Hopefully that will keep her out.Anna loves, loves, loves the kitchen drawers. She is not picky, she will take any that she can reach, which luckily is very few. Lets just say it is a challenge to make dinner without the contents of my drawers being dumped onto the floor.She also discovered that climbing into the cupboards is pretty entertaining. One day I seriously couldn't see her because she went so deep. I had my crock pot out so she was able to work her way all the way to the back.Laundry day. Anna loves laundry day. She likes to pull all the folded clothes out of the baskets and put things on her head. She has also picked up on putting her bibs on:) This particular day she put her bib on and then climbed into her toy basket. I just had to take a picture. It doesn't look very comfortable!I was actually not even intending on catching Anna in the act for this picture. My camera had been broken ( I dropped it right onto the lens when it was zoomed in!) and I was trying to fix it and needed to test it out. I looked over and took this picture of Anna and really didn't think much about it. She pulls the books off of our bookshelf almost daily. Actually she is doing it as I type this!
This one is not obvious from the picture but I thought it was a cute picture. I like to take Anna to see the ducks in our apartment complex pond. She LOVES them. I took a bunch of pictures of her that day and she has the same expression in all of them. She lets out this high pitched screech when she sees the ducks. The trouble is she runs for the water and it is really hard to keep her from diving right in. I guess you could say she is not terribly cautious. Obviously I do not have any pictures of her doing it because I am normally doing everything I can to keep her from going in.

I saved the best for last. Last night Anna disappeared momentarily which is never a good thing. I heard a few little noises and followed them here. Let's just say I was not very pleased. It might top the charts in grossest mom moments thus far. Not to mention I had just filled her bottle with milk! If it weren't for Scott I probably would not have had a picture of this moment because I really just wanted her as far from the toilet as possible immediately! I was just trying to keep her from putting her mouth on the toilet while he got the camera. I hope she wasn't doing anything too gross before I caught her.

She really is very fun and very busy. It is fun to see her personality more and more. It seems like she is a lot like Scott was as a little boy. And after hearing some of his stories, I am a little scared for what the future might hold.

No comments: